Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Transunion Settlement

I have never gone through the experience of having my credit information compromised/ I hope it never happens. Today with all the identity theft, it is even more important that all your personal information be kept secure. Back in l987 to 2000, Transunion illegally sold such information of many of Americans. This, of course, was completely illegal and now it has come to a head. There has been a $75 million dollar fund set up for a Transunion Settlement for those people who had their credit information sold. A fine competent and experienced law firm is handling the claims and I read that you need to fill out a form and mail it in if you were one who applied for credit during those years. I am glad they caught them, even if it has been a number of years.

No comments: