Monday, December 26, 2011

Home on my Own

Guest post written by Derick Burks

Having a home of my own has always been a dream of mine and I’m finally realizing it, if not a bit less dramatically than I thought. When I inherited this house I would have thought it wouldn’t take long for me to decide to sell it but something about this place stuck with me and I decided to keep it and work on it – restore it back to its previous glory. I am finally at a point now where I’m doing things like installing Massachusetts adt and putting in a doggie door but those first few months were more about making sure the electrical was up to code and that the bathtub wasn’t going to fall through the ceiling. I love being a homeowner, like I said, but I never imagined I’d have to learn how to be a contractor at the same time. That being said, it’s nice knowing exactly what’s inside of this house and that I made it what it is today – that’s something I feel like I can be proud of.

No comments: