Monday, February 16, 2009

Fish for Supper

I know it isn't Friday, and a lot of people eat fish on Friday. However, it is good for you and good to have any time of the week. We really like Pollack filets. I like to get a big package and keep them in the freezer so I can thaw some when I am ready to cook them.

We like them dipped in beaten egg and then coated with crushed soda cracker crumbs. Put them into some hot oil and brown them on both sides. Oh yes, I forgot to say that I cut the filets into about 2-3" pieces first. Salt them a bit while cooking and throw some frozen shredded hash brown potatoes in another frying pan and you have supper. A good salad goes good with that and some fruit for dessert. I like to make my own tartar sauce out of Miracle Whip and some sweet relish mixed in. Guess I better get going as it is almost supper time now.

No comments: