Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Gas and Diesel Prices Rocket to New records

I have heard a lot of truckers are dropping out which will make prices of food go even higher than it is now. You can now buy a gallon of gas for less than a gallon of milk. I heard this morning that a biodiesel plant not far from us is shutting down and laying off 30 workers because the price of beans has gotten so high. Wheat bread is skyrocketing, not that it wasn't already quite high. And diesel and heating oil futures are setting records of their own amid concerns about strong global demand and tight supplies. I see our own stations in town have jumped up to $3.199 a gallon now,I think the highest it has ever been. If the environmentalists don't wake up and let us drill for oil for this country, I hope they are the first ones walking.

No comments: