Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Secrets of Piano Accompaniment

When all your friends are gathered together and someone asks you to play the piano how do you feel? Are you embarrassed because you do not feel you are doing a good job of it? That is how I feel.

One of my friends will always ask me to play along with them while they sing and I do not feel that I am accomplished enough to do that. I want them to sound good and I want to do a good job of playing the piano along with their song but I am kind of at a loss as what to do.

I feel I need to check out the Internet to see if I can find a website that can show me hints on how to play along with the singer or with myself as I sing. I would just love to be able to throw in a few extra chords and spice up the music but I am not sure how to go about it.

No comments: