Thursday, March 15, 2007

Robins are back

Spring is almost here!!! The Robins are back in Iowa.That's our first sign of Spring. I haven't seen one yet but I have heard alot of reports of others who have seen them. They showed Cardinals on TV the other night in the next town. I could hardly believe it. We have had an unusual number of bald headed eagles in the vicinity this year. I saw one flying over the grocery store so low I could see it's white head and eyes. That is quite unusual. The wild Canadian Geese went farther south this year as we had a tough winter. For the last couple of years, they have stayed in Iowa because we have had such mild winters, but this one was bad. I saw several flocks of them flying overhead though yesterday so they are on their way back North. We were to have a bit of snow today again but it didn't happen. We just had lots of sun, which we really enjoyed. The tulips should be peeking thru the snow any time now. I have to put some little flags out to keep the rabbits from eating them.

No comments: