Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday

We went out with my good friend last week to celebrate her birthday. I got her one of those 1950 Betty Crocker cookbooks because she has a large family and they really have big get togethers and make lots of food. She will get a lot of use out of it. You ought to see mine. It looks like it has been through a war. Pages all torn, cocoa on the favorite chocolate cake and I can't find all the index pages anymore. I have it held together by a huge rubber band, but I wouldn't trade that cookbook for all the new ones in the world. My grandmother gave me the cookbook when we got married and it got a workout the first week. I made my first pie and pie crust from that book because it had pictures showing you just how to roll it out and everything.

No comments: