Monday, January 16, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

I made a big 9 x 13 pan of Mexican Lasagna last night. It smelled so good while the meat mixture was cooking. I didn't have taco seasoning so used a tablespoon of some wonderful Mexican spices I have so it should be extra special. You use tortillas in the pan instead of the lasagna noodles. You cover the bottom of the pan with them and then a layer of the meat mixture. Next, you put a covering of shredded cheese. Next comes another layer of tortillas (only one thickness) and then the other half of the meat. I like to cover it and let it sit overnight and then bake it the next day. You would never guess that it is tortillas and not noodles in it when you go to eat it. Just before it is heated thru, you put another cup of shredded cheese on top and just let it melt and it is ready to eat. I can hardly wait.

No comments: