Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Work Life

Guest post by Gerard Mcdaniel

I went to www.smallbusiness.xo.com when I first started the company to get all my stuff aligned, you know, the t1 line and the business voip and all that. I didn’t know a thing about technology when I first started this business so it’s really been a learning experience for me so far. I can’t believe after all this time in the managerial space once it came time for me to start my own company I actually had to hire my son’s 19 year old college buddy to come over and teach me what he could about IT but you know, when you’re the boss you’ve got to know a little bit about everything. I think it’s crucial to be well informed about what’s going on in the smallest parts of your company and if you don’t then you’re just asking to lose money. It’s never a good idea to have someone working for you doing something you’re not educated to do yourself but you know, I can’t be everywhere all the time so…

No comments: