Sunday, May 6, 2007

And They Call the Wind Mariah

If we didn't have any wind in this state, we wouldn't have any weather at all. We have never seen so many many long hard days of very strong winds blowing everything and everyone about. It is almost dangerous to be on the road. And today we have hard, beating down rain along with it. We checked the rain gauge awhile ago and it was 1/4" and it jumped to 3/4" just like that and it is probably an inch or more by now. It is scaring our little dog, Holly, till she just sits and shakes. She is my shadow. She never leaves my side. About 5:30 this morning, she heard the thunder before I did and she sat on the bed and shook so hard I could hardly go back to sleep. I keep a little gate in front of the bedroom door so she won't roam the house at night and when I take it away, she heads toward the other end of the house where there are less windows and doesn't seem so bad to her I guess. We are very blessed though, that we have not had the tornadoes they have had in Kansas. I just don't know how folks do it when 60% of their town including their homes are blown away, people hurt and killed. It's been a terrible tornado season and it's just gettin a good start, sad to say.

No comments: