Friday, October 29, 2010

Calcium Supplements

Did you know that men as well as women should take calcium supplements? Your bones start losing calcium at an early age and by the time you are 70 or less, you could be subject to osteoporosis like me. I should have been taking calcium supplements a long time ago. My doctor recommended that I take them 2 or 3 times a day but she did not say which kind to take. When I went to the store, I found a shelf full of them. Then someone told me calcium can give you kidney stones if you get the wrong kind. What was I to do? As usual, I got on the computer to find out which calcium supplements would be the safest and do the job for me. I found companies have already done the work for me and checked out the ingredients and found the top 5 that are more easily absorbed by the body and will do me the most good. I was surprised at all the information I learned and was so glad I checked them out before just buying something off the shelf at the store.

No comments: